The organization through her ambassadors participated in the monthly cleanup exercise for April 2021 in Kano State, Nigeria.
The day fell on the 24th of the monthly being the last Saturday for April 2021 and we had 12 Volunteers from the organization while 5 joined form the community.
- A total of 65 waste bags were collected
- Community needs more orientation on importance and need to join the exercise
Evacuation trucks will be needed at site for immediate clearing of waste and to help with gutters with much waste deposit.
The overall goal of the project is to compliment the efforts of the Government in having an improve standard of living for communities in Kano through effectively waste management and ensuring a clean environment. As an organization we come to achieve this through;
- Joining and engaging community members in cleaning exercise at selected communities/locations
- Sensitizing the public on proper disposal of solid waste, control of wastewater and rainwater
- Sensitizing the public on proper hand hygiene and personal hygiene and
- By collaborating and partnering with relevant organizations if/when necessary.
It is expected that the project will in the long-term help change the orientation of individuals in the community towards keeping a clean, safe and healthy environment.
We appreciate the inspection done by the Hon. Commissioner for Environment Kano State Dr. Kabiru Ibrahim Getso, the Permanent secretary and Senior management of REMASAB (Refuse Management and Sanitation Board)